Friday, August 17, 2012

JAI 131 - Colour Challenge

Hi there

This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge, check them out



Kind of hard colours, don't you think.  Originally I was going to go with some sort of flower/tree design, as that was what first came to mind when I saw them but then I saw a image that Gayatri pinned to her Pinterest board and I this is what I ended up making.



It took me a few goes to get it looking like I wanted.  I did have one that I really liked but I decided to cut it down to make a square card and instead of cutting of 1 cm, I cut off 1" and ruined it.  Aaargghhh.

Since I have resigned from Stampin' Up! I can go into a little more detail about the products I have used.  The pattern is from an awesome set called Retro Foundations from The Craft's Meow.  I LOVE this set - the patterns and fonts are right up my alley.  I have clear embossed them on watercolour paper then coloured them using Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Inks, which are pretty close to the SU! colours.  In fact, I did start out using the SU colours but I really didn't like the way the red base in the Chocolate Chip started coming out once I started adding water to it to get the graduation in colour.  The fact the Distress Inks don't break down when water is added is one of the reasons I started collecting them and I really love how I have been able to get 4 different shades using just 2 colours.

As you will probably notice, the sentiment is a favourite from PaperTrey Ink.  I do use it on a LOT of my cards, quite often it's not the first choice but it seems to be the one I end up with  because it tends to suit everything.  The button is also from PTI.

Well, that's all from me today.  Be sure to check out rest of the Design Team's  creations - they have some great ideas on using these colours.

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day & weekend

Oh, I just wanted to add, Gayatri has THE BEST Pinterest boards.  I don't know how she finds the time to pin everything she does, but I'm certainly grateful she does because she finds some AWESOME stuff.  Thanks Gayatri!


Supplies Used:
Stamps:  Retro Foundations - The Craft's Meow, Birthday Basiscs - PTI
Ink:  Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Embossing Distress Inks - Ranger
Cardstock:  Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla - Stampin' Up!, Watercolour Paper - LSS
Accessories:  New Leaf Button - PTI, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool - SU!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Wow Jo I love this. Fancy getting those four colours from two ink pads. Well done.

x

Christine Blain said...

Fabulous colour graduation, and that button is GORGEOUS. Great card, Jo!

KimB said...

Despite trimming disasters this turned out super striking Jo!! That pattern is eyecatching! I have yet to play with my few distress inks but I am mightly intrigued!!
xxx