Friday, October 14, 2011

JAI #89 - Just Add Inspiration

Happy Friday to you

This week Delys has provided us with a beautiful inspiration photo to work with.  Look, isn't it beautiful


I took a very literal inspiration from this photo, using the colours and the silhouette, and this is what I came up with


I decided to try for an old style, polaroid/border photo look, so I masked off some glossy white cardstock and sponged some Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango and Wisteria Wonder inks over the image and sentiment that I had stamped in Versamark and embossed with Black embossing powder.  That panel is then mounted on a Basic Black card base using dimensionals.

Well, that's it from me.  Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend.

Thanks for visiting


Supplies Used:  All Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted
Stamps:  Trendy Trees, Love & Sympathy  (not available in Australia)
Ink:  Versamark, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango and Wisteria Wonder
Cardstock:  Glossy White, Basic Black
Accessories:  Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Dimensionals

5 comments:

KimB said...

It honestly looks like you got the colours to glow Jo - really awesome! the way the flower emerges from them.
Kim xxx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Well, Jo, this card certainly has the 'wow' factor. I love your sunset colours and simple silhouette image.

Patrice said...

Jo I think you did a superb job with this one. I love the look you achieved. Stunning!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the clean elegance of this Jo, it's really lovely.

Totallyawake4-life said...

Wow - love your sponging it pops right off the page!!!