Friday, April 29, 2011

JAI #66 - Just Add Flowers

Hello, wow Friday has come around quickly this week!  The challenge at JAI this week is to Add a Flower.  The inspiration for my first item came from my umbrella which I got a couple of years ago at the Stampin' Up! convention held in Canberra.  Surprise, surprise that it was raining in Melbourne last week and when I put my umbrella up, it reminded me that I had meant to make something based on it.  So here we are, nearly 2 years later


Another Petal Cone box, however this one I hand cut by tracing around another my friend had sent me.  I did change the colours up a bit, though.  Here I've used Pink Pirouette, Going Gray and Baja Breeze cause I needed to use the pre-cut scallop 1/2 circles I was given to help disguise the slightly dodgy cutting.  I also wanted to add a flower to the top but I couldn't work out how it would close so I dug out my Crop-O-Dile, that I have used just twice to add some eyelets and used a piece of Pretty In Pink tafetta ribbon to close it.

And then, instead of keeping my spare to use as a pattern, I decided to make that one up too!


This one was cut from Melon Mambo and also has Pink Pirouette scallop circles.  The edging is from the Ice Cream Parlour DSP & Quick Accents SAB pack (US/CAN only) and the ribbon is from the Ice Cream Parlour Ribbon & Buttons SAB pack (US/CAN only).  My friend looks after me so well, sending me extras she had earnt.  The Pom Pom Trim is from the current Australian Autumn/Winter mini catalogue.  Boy, the Crop-O-Dile had its biggest work out of its life, adding more eyelets for the ribbon closure.  It's the most it's been used since I got it 3 or so years ago *blush*.



Cute, hey?  I think I'll fill them with some choccies for the Nana's for Mother's Day!

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team have come up with, there's some gorgeous inspiration for you.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

Supplies Used:  All SU! unless otherwise noted

Stamps:  Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Going Grey (retired - why, SU! this is such a pretty colour)
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo
Accessories:  Petal Cone Die (US/CAN only), Big Shot, Scoring Board, Sticky Strip, Tombo Mono Multi, Crop-O-Dile, Pretty In Pink Tafetta ribbon (possibly retired), Melon Mambo Pom Pom Trim, Ice Cream Parlour DSP & Quick Accents, Ice Cream Parlour Ribbon (US/CAN SAB), eyelets from stash of stuff

7 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

You're so creative, Jo. Both examples are just lovely. See you in Melbourne VERY soon!!!

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

These are very sweet Jo. I particularly like the way you've made their "tops".

AJ said...

So, So gorgeous Jo!! I love that pom pom ribbon, and all the colour you've incorporated into your beautiful projects! xx

Patrice said...

Gorgeous little projects Jo!

I love my Fifth Ave umbrella too and have had many uses out of it over recent months which is a nice change for Canberra.

Nikki Spencer said...

Such pretty soft colours Jo, Lovely Project, both of them.

KimB said...

These are both gorgeous Jo. Love how you dressed them up. I have to admit the die didn't appeal to me before but I may change my mind!
Kim

Felicity said...

Awesome boxes Jo, I knew you would put it all to good use!