Monday, July 5, 2010

Just Add Ink #24

Well, here I am, back a little later than anticipated, but I guess you get that, lol!  Lucky there is some sort of football program on tonight, otherwise I'd still be fighting with my OH over the use of the laptop.

This week's challenge at Just Add Ink is a sketch challenge,


Cute, hey.  I actually have  a non SU! set that would have been perfect but as I have to refrain from using 'contraband', I came up with this instead


I was so happy with the way this one turned out, I made another using the another sentiment from Upsy Daisy!


I have a lot of stamps that I purchased when the catalogue first came out that I have yet to use *blush*, so I have set myself a little challenge to use them all, at least one, before the new catalogue comes out in September.  In this case, I've used 2 - Inspired by Nature and Upsy Daisy. 

I also need to apologise for the quality of the photos.  I think I mentioned that I got a new camera for Mothers's Day and I forgot to adjust the settings for these photos.  I've left the aperture open too wide and have ended up with too shallow a depth of field, which has meant that the sentiments are not as sharp as they should be.  Lesson learned.  Check settings before you start!!!!

Have a good night!

Supplies Used
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature, Upsy Daisy
Ink:  Versamark, StazOn Black
Cardstock:  Basic Black (smooth & textured), Basic Grey, Whisper White
Accessories:  Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, dimensionals, Embossing Buddy

5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Striking, Jo; these look great. I especially like your first one.

Danielle Daws said...

Oooh, I love these! So striking! I especially love the first one... I think it's the size of the sentiment...

Tania Gould said...

WOW! How awesome do they look!!!!! Sometimes we over-think designs and colours - simple is always so effective!!!

AJ said...

Oh wow. These are amazing. Great work Jo!!

Jodene said...

I love the simple design of this card, perfect for a masculine card (something I always struggle with!)