Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Been A Long Time

Yowzers, it's been ages since I've posted. This is the card I whipped up this afternoon for my partner's youngest brother's birthday, which was today.



I never thought that I would ever use ribbon on a 'boys' card, especially for one who's turning 20, but you know what they say, 'Never say never!'


This was a pretty simple card. The ribbon determined my colour choices - Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip, Real Red and Whisper White. The chipboard slider is from SU's On Board Accents - I am SO diggin' this chipboard stuff! This time I gave it a light coat of Jo Sonja's white paint before sponging some Ballet Blue craft all over. The white paint dried SO much quicker than coating it with W/White Craft. I'm thinking now though, I might trying mixing some re-inkers with the white, to give a deeper colour and so I don't have to sponge the colour on! The stamped images are all by PaperTrey Ink. The sentiment is from the Paper Tray set and was stamped in Ballet Blue. In hindsight, I should have used Brilliant Blue to pick up the darkest blue in the ribbon and so it showed up a bit better. Even though these stamps are clear, I wasn't sure that I could stamp exactly over the top with the darker colour, so I decided to leave well enough alone.


The circles are from PaperTrey's Green Thumb (the biggest circle) and Butterfly Kisses (the 3 smallest ones). I used my markers to ink them up. This is the first time I have used either of these sets and unfortunately I could find my eraser to remove the residue left from manufacturing process and they didn't ink up as crisply as they do using the actual pads. (Never mind, 20 yo guy's never gonna notice, LOL). The C/Chip layer is raised up using foam tape (didn't waste my lovely dimensionals on him either!)

Quite like the way it turned out!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Paper Tray, Butterfly Kisses, Green Thumb (all PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue Sampin' Write Markers, Ballet Blue Classic Ink
Accessories: Jo Sonia's Titanium White paint, Stampin' Sponge, American Crafts ribbon, Foam mounting Tape

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sometimes I forget to rough up those new stamps and it is too late, I always just figure, it's handmade, they should expect it. lol

Lauren (mytime) said...

This is perfect! Thanks for playing along!