Monday, April 23, 2007

Lots of Things Going On

Firstly, my trial versions of the photo editing software that I was using has expired :( So, to work around this, I am putting all the copyright info at the bottom of my blog to ensure that I am compliant with all the rules!

Secondly, I have something to show you. This is the card we completed at a workshop I did on Saturday. It was very heavily 'inspired' from Kyla's card, which you can see here, but I changed it up a bit. The set is Wild About You and I {heart} it SO much! I just love the crocodile, he looks so happy (probably because he's thinking how nice all the other animals would taste, lol)
I decided to use Old Olive for the croc and More Mustard for the lion and carried those colours through. I distressed the O/Olive panel using the distressing tool from the Cutter Kit, used the word window punch to punch out the hole in the M/Mustard panel so I could pop the Wild About You sentiment in the space (stamped in B/Black on W/White) and added brads that I changed from silver to black by heating them up with my heat tool and dipping into black embossing powder and heating again to melt the powder. It gives them a kind of powder coated look and is a neat way to get 'matching brads'. I used the 1-1/4 RD punch to punch out the animals and the 1-3/8 punch to punch out the black mats. They are all popped up on dimensionals. After I put this all together, I decided that it probably would have looked heaps better if the mustard panel had been stamped with the Rough Texture wheel but since I don't have it - I left it alone. I have put the Rough Texture wheel on my ever growing wish list though!
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Wild About You
Ink: B/Black, More Mustard, Old Olive Classic
Cardstock: W/White, B/Black, M/Mustard, O/Olive
Accessories: Distressing Tool from Cutter Kit, 1-1/4 & 1-3/8 RD punches, Word Window Punch, Heat Tool, Black EP, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Paper Piercing template from CTK (to help with brad placement), 1/16 punch
This was my first workshop featuring the new catalogue, so I thought I'd let you know what the ABSOLUTE favourite item is so far - The MAT PACK - I'm sure this is going to be my biggest selling item this year. I cannot tell you how many people had said to me 'I wish you could get this without buying the complete tool kit' - well now you CAN.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is cute...nice color palette!

Unknown said...

Love this, super cute.
I have this set too, I think it was the lion that sold me on it.