Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Making Up For Lost Time

Since it has been so long since I last updated, I thought I would do 2 in one night !! (and there's still MORE to come - I have actually been doing something, LOL!)

Monday was Jarrod's birthday (Happy Birthday, babe) so I had Harrison help me make a special card for his birthday. Here it is.

When I saw SCS CC99 I knew these colours (Night of Navy, Taken with Teal [or NQN] and a neutral) would be great for a Jarrod's card. Harrison 'helped' me by letting me cover his little hand in W/White Craft Ink and 'stamping' it onto the Night of Navy card, which I then embossed using White Detail EP. (I also did a footprint at the same time - I'll use that for Father's Day) . Amazingly enough we DID NOT get ink everywhere, not a bad feat since he is VERY wriggly at the moment. I then matted that onto a layer of TWT and stamped happy birthday from EFP in NON ink. The dots were made using a white gel pen. I then matted that on W/White and then mounted this using DS Foam Tape onto TWT card that I had stamped with the Print Pattern background stamp, using my TWT marker to outline just the edges. I got this idea from Kendra. Once again the dots were made using a white gel pen.

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Print Pattern, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Taken with Teal, Night of Navy, W/White
Ink: W/White Craft Ink, Night of Navy Classic Ink, Taken with Teal Marker
Accessories: White Detail EP, Embossing Buddy (must remember to use this more often!), DS Foam Tape, White Gel Pen

No comments: